Sunday, May 13, 2012

Half Way Through...Can It Be?!

Well it is true I have come to the half way point, I have been in Thailand for a little over 8 months now! This still feels very unreal to me, this life I am now leading is normal. So many things that are now normal to me, were never something that was normal while I was living in America. I love that my main mode of transportation is a motorbike, I love that I can almost speak another language (and that I revert to it more often as my first response), I am aware of everything that goes on around me in an effort to respect the people I am around, I spend a lot of my time in the red light district showing love to the broken. This is normal.....this is life!
But man do I feel oh so un-equipped to be doing what I am doing! I can't believe the Lord has entrusted all this to me, but this must mean I am equipped? Crazy to think! 8) I have just began working with 3 boys, who's mom was my student at one point. These boy's mom decided she does not want them, so the natural response of my ministry leaders was to start a boys home. So these 3 boys (4, 8, & 12 years old) are now under our care. They speak very little english, so each day I am challenged to communicate with these boys in their language and to show them a love they have never experienced before. During the rest of my time I am teaching english to the girls on the red light and going to hang out with them at night, again showing them a love they have never experienced before. A love that I have been shown time and time again!
But man these days I feel so unworthy to be able to do this, but then the Lord reminds me He has called me to this! So who am I to not walk out every day loving as He has loved me! This plays out not only in my ministry but amongst my team as well, I love them as the Lord loves me! 
My life in Thailand is now normal, change is becoming normal to me, I have now officially fallen in love with my life and would not change it for a minute. Half way and a half more to go, I can do this! But of course only by the strength of the Lord. He has so much more to teach me and so many more ways to use me in these next 7 months! The journey ahead may not be easy but it is a journey I will keep walking! 

The boys I am helping out with! My heart grows for them more and more everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment